MOVIE-THEMED AVENGERS UNIFORMS COMING TO MARVEL: AVENGERS ALLIANCE
In advance of the May 4 premiere of Marvel’s The Avengers, Marvel is launching a series of movie-themed uniforms that will allow Avengers fans to play as their favorite movie character in the hit Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance (http://www.facebook.com/avengersalliance
). The game has experienced steady audience growth since launching in March, and now attracts 1.2 million daily users.
The special edition uniforms reflect the look and characteristics of their movie counterparts, and also trigger new “Avengers Assemble” team abilities.
The "Avengers Assemble" rewards any team with a movie-uniformed Avenger with the status "Coordinated Attack,” which triggers a follow-up attack whenever a movie-uniformed Avenger attacks the enemy. When players fight battles with a second movie-uniformed hero, the team is also awarded "Coordinated Defense" status, which triggers a counter-attack when the movie-uniformed hero is attacked by an enemy.
The Black Widow and Hawkeye uniforms are live in the game now, while the additional movie-themed uniforms will debut in the coming days. Descriptions and high resolution images can be found below.
Images of the new uniforms can be found here: http://bit.ly/avengerunifoms
· Captain America: His super-serum strength allows players to purchase and equip a new uniform that sets him as a Bruiser or go with the classic and set him up as a Tactician.
· Thor: Bring down the lightning and set up Thor's movie persona as a Blaster, or stick with the Bruiser to deliver some massive hammer damage.
· Black Widow: Exploit vulnerable weaknesses by tapping into her inner-Tactician, or concentrate on speed as her original Infiltrator class.
· Hulk: Tap into Hulk's rage by setting him up as a Scrapper or stick to his incredible strength and equip the Bruiser version of his movie uniform.
· Hawkeye: Set up the master marksman with an Infiltrator class or stick to his original Tactician roots.
· Iron Man: As a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, you'd expect Iron Man to make a great Tactician; players can also lean on the power of his Mark V armor and keep him as a Blaster.
Social gamers and Marvel fans can join S.H.I.E.L.D by playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance at: http://www.facebook.com/avengersalliance